Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Paratoie Bridge

Paratoie Bridge

The bridge called Bulkhead Bridge is in the historical centre of Cervia and in the heart of the Fishermen's Neighbourhood.

It is also called the new bridge or the tower bridge because of its closeness to St Michael's Tower. It was built in 1862 by the contractor Giovanni Goretti against the amount of 14,839 lira, then it was mined and destroyed by the Germans on 21st Oct. 1944. It was rebuilt a few metres away from the original location and today has been totally reconstructed, according to a new town planning programme.
Nowadayd it is an imposing movable bridge, coming to Cervia thanks to a special boat.
The sailor Cino Ricci was at the opening ceremony.


Where: Via Nazario Sauro, Cervia

Chiudi menu
Tourist Information